Wednesday 17 June 2009

SITESHOW and The Last Bock

My woodcuts reacted well with the natural light from the windows, highlighting the gold leaf
I drew a charcoal line directly on the rough unfinished walls between the pieces and wrote notes. It was a completely spontaneous idea but in doing it, gaves me ideas of how to express the personal narrative connecting these pieces.

The charcoal line goes out the window directed to my mural outside


Work in progress on The Last Bock

Characters/symbols connected with family stories fill spaces left by knots in the wooden wall. My thumb print starts to emerge
Unfortunately I ran out of time to fill the whole wall. However I found the process of creating a piece of work on site was really exciting. I was able to talk to visitors about my work and family history. I recieved very positive reactions and often quite emotional responses in relation to experiences within individual's family.
Photos by Natasha Taylor

1 comment:

NatashaTaylorsInternship said...

Hello Will,

It was nice to see your work, loved it!

x

A journey in search of my family tree